Friday, February 1, 2013

Thoughts about internship in the SABC Media Libraries



Justice Leshilo has been an intern at the SABC Information Library for the last ten months.
He answered a few questions yesterday, his last day in the office.

What are some of the most important things you will take with you after you leave the SABC Media Libraries?

You know, I was lucky to be part of the Media libraries and most importantly the SABC as a whole. 
It was my dream to learn and acquire skills for special libraries. I now know how to handle info requests, as well as scanning and indexing of newspapers; and much more.

Did you enjoy your time here while doing the internship, and why?

I enjoyed every single day of my time here. This was my first actual job straight from university. We heard about some issues where interns are being sent to and fro to do coffee for the seniors...I was a bit anxious at first, but it was not the case. 

I was placed in the hands of warm people who told me to let loose, work hard and ask when I don’t understand. They taught me more about life and work. It felt like I knew them before, but this is my first time in Johannesburg. I am sad that I am leaving, BUT good that I pocketed much sought after experience. Thanks to the hand that selected me during interviews I will not disappoint them and will never forget them.

Would you recommend doing an internship?

Yes, this is a platform to tell other employers that you do not only have a qualification, but you also have the experience. It is very hard to get a break in the job market in with just a mere qualification fresh from university.

What are your plans for the future?

Having completed my internship from such a big organization, the future looks good. 
I am now confident that I will be able to work at other media organizations/companies.

------

Best wishes for a bright future, Justice!


Related post:

Interview with an intern in the SABC Information Library - Justice Leshilo


Questions and blog post by Karen du Toit.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had the chance to work with him during my 2months inservice training and im sure u are going places buddy god is on ur side
    BONISIWE

    ReplyDelete

We welcome any feedback and comments!